Maldivian Chicken


I have a lovely friend who lives in the Maldives and whenever he visits me he cooks up a storm! This is my interpretation of a wonderful and easy dinner he has made for me a few times. It’s absolutely delicious and has become a fortnightly dinner for me.

Serves 4

What you need:

700g of chicken thigh fillets (chopped quite small)

1 onion(thinly sliced)

2 green chilies(de-seeded, halved and chopped up)

1tsp of ground ginger
1 clove of fresh garlic (chopped finely)
3 fresh tomatoes (chopped)
75ml of milk
50g of fresh bay leaves
50g of fresh coriander (chopped coarsely)
2tsp of curry powder
Greek or natural yoghurt (if you don’t like things a little bit spicy)

How it’s done:
1. Add a splash of olive oil to a moderately hot pan and cook off  the onions, bay leaves and green chilies.
2. Add the chicken, ginger, garlic and tomatoes and stir.
3. Cover for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken turns white.
4. Shake the pot a bit, add the curry powder, stir, and simmer  gently for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the coriander, milk and simmer for 1 minute more.
6. Serve with some Greek/Natural Yoghurt (if you do not like things too spicy)











 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, this photo series had me believing I could actually smell this dish! Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! It's a beautiful dinner and I hope you give it a try :) x

      Delete